How To Hire A Web Design Company in New York
If you’re reading this, chances are that you’re probably looking to hire a web design company in New York. Well, if you’re in this category, then you’re in the right place. But who is this article written for?
Business Owners in New York:
This article is written for anyone who owns a business in New York City who is perhaps considering redesigning their current website or design a brand new website.
Marketing Managers in New York:
This article is also written for anyone who holds the role of a marketing manager in a company located in New York City. You could be the CMO of a big NYC business or a small startup in New York; this article is for you if you’re looking to hire a new york web design agency right now or down the line.
Hiring a Web Development Company in New York.
[Frequently Asked Questions]
- How do I choose the right New York Web Design company?
- How much does Web Design in NYC cost?
- What is the process like when working with a New York Web Design Company?
- Where can I find the right New York Web Designer for my company at an affordable price?
How To Choose The Right New York Web Design Company.
I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say that a person’s resume isn’t always reflective of how well they will fit in your company.
A resume could certainly help weed out unqualified applicants but what if the applicants have similar skills and experiences? How do you choose?
Having said that, there are best practices you can observe to improve your chances of hiring a solid web designer in new york city that you can work well with.
I’d like to share 2 of these best practices with you.
- Understand the difference between a web designer and a web developer.
- Learn how to quickly judge if a designer/developer is great at what they do.
Difference Between a Web Designer & a Web Developer
There are two main ways to build a website:
These are very different.
Website designers usually:
- are very creative in nature.
- are more concerned about the aesthetic elements of a website.
- transform ideas into a visually appealing design.
- are concerned about how the website looks and feels
- use tools such as Photoshop, DreamWeaver, Adobe Illustrator etc.
Website Coders or Developers usually:
- are move technical in nature.
- build user-friendly websites based on clients specifications.
- transform designs or wireframes into fully functioning websites.
- are concerned with the functionality of the website.
Who is the Better Option of the Two?
I’m sure you’re asking yourself this question by now. Well, the answer to that question is simple; it depends
It depends on what you want. It’s not enough to tell a designer or developer “hey, I need just 4 pages: Home, Services, About, Contact.”
Are you more concerned about how the website looks and feels or are you more concerned about having a portal where your customers or employees would be able to log into and conduct their activities?
You’ll need a web designer if you’re looking for the former and a web developer if you’re looking for the latter.
“Can I have a designer that also knows how to code?” You might ask.
Emphatically YES. However, here’s the truth.
Most designers are not familiar with coding. However, you can find a designer who is a great coder. This is the kind of designer I’d recommend and here’s why.
The typical designer can only work with a template which limits their ability to customize certain aspects of your website.
This is due to the fact that certain functionalities that improve the overall aesthetic design of the website can only be achieved through coding. What do you think will happen if your designer isn’t familiar with coding?
Well, you won’t get what you’re looking for. So it’s imperative that you know if the new york web design agency you hire to build your website knows how to design and code at the same time. I can’t stress this enough.